A New Chapter

adjusting to a new work environment, one as big as this, is definitely not an easy task. i miss my old company, the familiarity, the flexibility, Internet access, wide comfy cubicle, my lovely colleagues, my humorous boss etc. oh gawdd... i just feel like running back to Tech Park everytime i see this picture (taken on my last day). no idea why my desk still looked so messy even though i've already packed two boxes of stuff. fyi, i purposely wore baju kurung (ironically for the first and last time) just to show my malay colleagues how much i feel like part of them.



after two days of working at my new company, i've learnt a couple of hard truths. first, there will be NO Internet access except for company mail checking. second, nobody gives a damn what you wear to work because your 3-inch stilettos will be immediately replaced by flat, white anti-static shoes once you enter the building and your expensive fitted shirt will be covered by dark, loose-fitting anti-static smock half of the time. weee... i'm so psyched! (really, i feel like crying)

apart from that, there's a lot of knowledge to be absorbed, a lot of skills to be picked up, a lot of new people to meet and i can't wait to get started. until my next adventure, adieu.

Comments

Mz said…
Not havin to really care wat u wear to work is kinda a blessin too!! especially when u're on a tight budget like me who hsa nothin much to wear to work.

I also don't own a baju Kurung. hehe so u basically only show wat u wear during lunch hour? or u gotta wear anti static stuffs to work as well?

Say, y don't u nick me somethn like dat to wear for my car? the shoes i mean, my car keeps zappin me, givin me electric shocks all the time. i don't even really touch my car as much anymore.
Bubbles said…
gotta be extra careful when u pump petrol since u have so much ESD :D

Popular posts from this blog

Is love compromising?

Vanity Fair

My BFF gave me a Screamin' Orgasm