The Land Of eBay, Yahoo! and Amazon

She said I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly em out to Spain...
I think I'll go to Boston,
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset,
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice...
Boston... where no one knows my name...

Boston by Augustana

although i have zero idea who's Augustana and where Boston is on the map, i'm totally in love with this song. everytime the lead singer croons "When flowers gaze at you... they're not the only ones who cry when they see you", my heart just melts like hot marshmallow.

the notion of leaving everything behind to embark on an adventure in a place far far away can be overwhelmingly appealing at times. but the heart misses, though the mind is restless. i've only resided in south california for 2 weeks, and already gulping at the thought of 5 more months to go.

oh, dun get me wrong. i love this place. you are greeted by genuinely smilling strangers/sales people wherever you go. you get to drive on the "right" side on the road. it's a social suicide not to own more than 1 dog. heck, the californians are even pushing law to ensure that owners buckle up their dogs in the car. there is 100 free TV channels to surf. the chances of getting sued is very high. and huge, huge malls, 'nuff said.

i applied for a Visa card the first week i got here. you can't really enjoy US of A until you start online shopping. this is where the fun begins : ) My list of online purchase so far:

  • HP Pavilion notebook (my new baby is glossy black with blue lights!)
  • HP 3-in-1 scanner, copier & printer (totally nuts, i know)
  • Shopaholic & Baby + Mitch Albom's For One More Day off Borders (these hardcovers are RM40 each, what a bargain!)
  • Microsoft cordless laser mouse off Amazon (being shipped as we speak)
  • Dlink or LinkSys Wireless Router (stilll researching since i have zero networking knowledge)
  • USB 2GB pendrive(apparently more expensive than lowyat's prices, TBD)
  • Wireless Bluetooth headset (research ongoing, and getting lots of negative comments)

someone please deport me back home before i do further damage. shopping online could be really addictive, and to think that i have not even proceeded to eBay yet *sweat*

will post pictures of Hollywood, Beverly Hills and San Diego Sea World another day. don't hate me cuz i lost my pendrive with all the pictures in it.

Comments

charzylicious said…
kai...i cant wait till u post ur pics...

miss you much here...friday nitez, saturday nites...lonely lonely nites...
hueylyn said…
boo....where are the promised pictures???

Popular posts from this blog

Is love compromising?

Vanity Fair

My BFF gave me a Screamin' Orgasm