Of frustrating phone calls...

what a frustrating week i had. sigh....

incident #1
i received a loan statement that unjustly charged me an extra 5 months of interest. naturally, i called them to complain about the statement. after a long, logical and heart-felt explanation of why the interest should NOT be charged,

"I will forward your rayuan to my immediate supervisor", said the official.
"No, this is not a 'rayuan'. this is an 'aduan' because quite obviously there have been a mistake in the statement."
"Alright... and please submit a surat rayuan to make this report official."

bugger. i doubt if he understood what i have said. anything that is alien to him probably goes to the file as a plea.

incident #2
i dunno what to call this...underhand tactics? Company A is a customer who bought a large amount of security device from my company. i met their representative once when i did a demo for him. a few days later, he called and asked me to do some "freelance" work by customizing the device they bought and add a back-end system. according to him, they are somewhat desperate but my company seems reluctant to accept this project. if i can complete it on time, i'll walk away richer by, say, my 4 months salary. and oh, shhh, i'm not suppose to let my boss know bout this "little" offer.

what would you do if you were in my shoes?

there's no such thing as right or wrong, good or bad anymore. because the line between black and white is so blurred that we don't even blink an eye when a policeman asks for bribe. we smoke in front of the No Smoking sign, park in the clamping zone, use toilets meant for the handicapped, and throw rubbish beside the Denda RM500 sign.

simply because everyone is doing it.

"my company promised to keep it a secret because it won't be good for our reputation too. so will you help us?"
"i'm sorry but no."
"is it because you are scared?"
[this is where i got pissed because i'm no chicken shit.]
"no! i am not gonna do it because it's a conflict of interest to my company and its just not right."
"well, if you are scared then i have nothing to say."

HUH?! whatever happened to loyalty, to principles, to goodness? if someone refused to take drugs given by a friend then is he scared? if someone refused to betray the company who has been good to him, is he scared too?

then hell yes you can call me chicken shit.

later i found out that not only my company was the least reluctant, they were pleased to get such a big project. Company A probably thought i was a cheaper alternative when they tried to deceive me.

Comments

hueylyn said…
Company A is such a loser!!! Luckily u didn't agree to help them. Else they might have blown ur cover n made u look bad. Remember to sprinkle a few bugs here and there when u program their system :D
Anonymous said…
if itz abt PTPTN, send copy of ur cert to upkb@ptptn.gov.my "attn: ms halizan" to prove grad date is june. Else idiots believe MMU grads in last December. I'm super pissed wif them.

Popular posts from this blog

Is love compromising?

Vanity Fair

My BFF gave me a Screamin' Orgasm