Karma's a bitch

remember the stupid traffic light near my workplace that i mentioned in passing?

being such a good multi-tasker *ahem* while waiting for the first red interval, i would line my lips and apply lip gloss... second red interval, comb and tie my hair and so on. it would take about 3 intervals before i'm good to go (told you it's stupid). as it happens, this morning i was queuing at the traffic light junction, performing my usual morning routine.

out of the corner of my eyes, i saw the black Waja in front me reversing (it's quite a hilly slope) towards me. i honked hard and tried to reverse at the same time but the car behind me was too close for comfort. and *thud!* it hit my poor baby *wails for a good 5 minutes as the author relives her tragic accident*

i stormed out of the car, as did the idiotic driver who's probably still strung out from a weekend of weed party.

weed addict (in cantonese): what happened? my car didn't even budged!
[oh the nerve of him. my simmering anger became an inferno...i mean, not even an apologetic look??]
me: are you kidding me?! i honked for at least 5 seconds but you kept reversing.
weed addict: no, my car did not moved at all.
me: there are so many eye witnesses around here, maybe we can consult one of them.

[i pointed to a malay guy sitting in an upbeat car beside us. conveniently, he had his window winded down]

the malay guy gave me a wink and scolded the weed addict along the lines of "ni kira lelaki ape?" finally the weed addict stammered out an apology.

as i was inspecting my car bumper, i had the strangest recollection of a similar accident that happened a year ago. except the victim wasn't me, but a poor auntie who was hit by my bf's car as i accidently reversed on a slope. instead of apologising (as i should), i indignantly told her off for sticking too close to my car, thus causing the accident. needless to say, she drove off in an angry huff.

the weed addict asked anxiously, "so how's your car?"

the truth is, there's quite a number of deep scratches and a few scrapes but luckily nothing was dented as far as i could see.

"Sigh, nevermind lar. it's just a few scratches here and there."

yes, karma's a bitch indeed. i hope my dues are paid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is love compromising?

Vanity Fair

My BFF gave me a Screamin' Orgasm