Shameless

i don't know what prompted me to write this totally shameless post. as it happens, i was struggling with a speedometer-like device manufactured by a customer. after half an hour of furious typing thru Yahoo Msger with the customer, i still couldn't start up the device, let alone program it.

phone call was not favourable becos intercontinental calls tend to lag by 2 seconds which is very annoying.

"Why don't we use Yahoo voice call?" the guy suggested.

"I don't have a microphone unfortunately..."

"It's okay, i'll give you instructions, and you just need to type yes or no."

so he will say "Do this..." or "Try that..." and i'm all like "NO NO NO NO" and silently cursing him to stop wasting my time and just admit that he sent me a defect product.

out of nowhere, my colleague noticed my distress and asked (quite loudly as i was wearing earphones), "Hey why are you all stressed out?"

i was just about to answer something along the lines of "This idiot is clogging my arteries" when suddenly the guy spoke excitedly into my ears,

"I think i can hear you!"

[glanced left and right, up and down to make sure it's not someone else]
*whispers* "Err...are you sure?"

"Yes! But please speak up a little."

[take out earphones and examine closely. nope. no embedded mike in there.]
*leaned closer to keyboard* "Hullo hullo..."

"I can hear fine."

*leaned closer to laptop screen* "Hullo hullo..."

"Can we get on with the troubleshooting now??"

I don't believe this! after using this laptop for almost a year and not knowing it has an embedded mike? i ought to be fired for that alone. and also for almost cursing a customer in his face. dangerous. that mike thingy.

Comments

Mz said…
wakkakakaka... Ms Lee, i think all Yahoo Messenger voice calls can function without a separate microphone piece. n to think u use Yahoo messenger all the time. kekeke

Hooray for learning somethin new today! :P
hueylyn said…
kat ur freaking hilarous! muahahahhaa
anyway, use skype next time. it doesnt lag that much ;)

ps,
mz wat do u mean by it can function without a separate microphone piece? i tot there needs to be a microphone for the caller to hear u?
Bubbles said…
yeah mz what are u trying to say? the mike on my laptop is actually located somewhere near the power button (i have always tot it was a very suspicious-looking hole).
Mz said…
ahaha, 1st time i used yahoo messenger to chat, i didn't need a separate mike lor.. only msn n skype needed one.. cannot understand wat i say??

Popular posts from this blog

Is love compromising?

Vanity Fair

My BFF gave me a Screamin' Orgasm