I didn't know...

getting older is so much fun.

i had a pre-birthday celebration at one of the restaurants in little korea. kinda into all things korean nowadays, i especially love their music, drama, food and football team (Park Ji Sung!!). so what better way to usher my 23rd birthday than to eat korean BBQ and drink soju?



everybody say "kimchi"!



i don't know how we ended up with SO MUCH food...



the restaurant manager was kinda skeptical when we ordered the cheo um cheo reom soju that contains about 30% alchohol. he kept on asking us to change it to a milder label but i was pretty insistent. i want the pretty green bottle that every table is having!



so in the end he challenged us to finish up the bottle and he'll give a smaller bottle free in return. eng wei is allergic to alcohol, fiona needs to cram for a big accounting exam and elaine does not believe in drink and drive. so left with me and lu to do most of the dirty job.

and yayy, we got the next bottle free. the manager obviously has not heard of the term kiasuism before.

the next morning when i woke up groggily, and there it was on the table, a beautiful white gold necklace courtesy of my parents. i've been trying to shop in vain for a pendant to match my existing necklace and somehow my mom's psychic powers picked up the vibes. it's simply gorgeous and i break into sweat each time thinking bout the different ways i could break/lose/tarnish it (-_-)"'

when i got to the office, dearest Bf did something completely unexpected to make my birthday extra special. i received a bouquet of red roses that made all my female colleagues green with envy and had all the guys scrambling to jot down Blooming's website for future references *smugness* my Bf is so well-trained.

few hours later, Bf called to announce his academic results (which was coincidently released on the same day) and he passed all except for one subject.

"I was so worried about facing you if i were to fail big time. But now looks like i've wasted my money on the flowers for nothing."

"SAY THAT AGAIN?!?!"

being 23 years old, at this junction where i'm ending amicably with my current employer and looking forward to new challenges in a bigger corporation is pretty exciting. looking back on the past year, i'm grateful for having my family around (as oppose to mmu days), for keeping in touch and still having a blast with all my good friends and for the ease i'm able to flourish in the hardware industry i never thought i'd survived.

lastly, a toast to my 2 year-old blog that had miraculously survived in the hands of a fickled-minded woman.

Comments

Mz said…
Kai I miss u so much!! :(
charzylicious said…
kai, u are posting bout food again...ahaha...anyway, i havent got all these pics yet...

so sweet of Koon that sendng u flower to ur office...aw....how i wish i had this treatment too, remind my future bf to do that to me yeah..ahaha....

Popular posts from this blog

Is love compromising?

Vanity Fair

I'm on the other side and I can tell you it's no fun